OMG...Winter is sooo close...and summer so far...and me being an extremely cautious and I would like to think so...green mommy, I thought why not make my little one a new faux fur coat.
Easier said than done, simply because crocheting a grass ( fur) yarn is extremely difficult not to mention annoying. I tried it of course but in spite of the fact that the tutorial I found on...a Russian site via a Romanian Crochet Community on Facebook, was done with the same type of yarn and a size 2 crochet hook....I went for knitting.
So here are a few hints from my experience:
- it is a bit hard to see the loops
- the yarn tends to tangle or slip from the hook ( especially polyester)
- work progresses rather slow
- in case you miss " a spot" you have to redo and undoing is torture( the yarn turns to knots and you have to cut it)
- use any stitch
- simply decrease and follow the tutorial the same way you would with a crochet hook
- the sleeves must be done separately ans sewn after the vest is done.
- the edging , collar and cuffs can be knitted or crocheted any pattern you like
So see below the tutorial I followed and please like my Facebook page for more interesting shares :)